Foreign trackdays for 2010

Fergie

New member
Over the past couple of years I have been lucky enough to do a few foreign trackdays with Tracksense.

Tony and his team have taken care of all the little details and the trips have been hugely enjoyable, so much so that this year I am planning several.

So, what is the general feeling for this years availability?

Tony has Jerez in March and August. The new addition of Monteblanco in May and Almeria in October.

Almeria is, in my opinion the best all round trip with a fantastic trasck and a great social scene in Almeria town. Jerez has an awesome track and lets you stand in the footsteps of Champions. And Monteblanco looks like a real destinatiion in itself.

So, who is planning what and when?

Ian
 
booking to go to Le Mans in August - a rare chance to ride the famous Bugatti circuit. It's a 2-day event, but we are making a holiday out it. :thumbs:
So far, there are a couple of Bimotas, an MV and a 999 on the "highly likely" list.

Garry.
 
Last year i did Almeria with tracksence, and met shaun from aberdeen ,who did his own transport for 10 guys. this year he is taking 16 (all the spaces are gone) which includes myself and my mate brian. We are off with Hottrax in may to Parc Algar, getting our bikes picked up from my house in glasgow, total cost including, transport,4* hotels, flights and tracktime £950. If i had not booked this trip , i would do the focussed events almeria trip in may, which is 4 days on track all for £470, all be it that you have to get your bike down south to them. I have tried all the trackday companies, and prefer the open pit operated by foccused. There is nothing wrong with tracksence, they are the most expensive, but they are also the only company that pick your bike up in scotland. Hottrax are my least favorite, but lets hope they change my opinion this time out.
 
Cabin Fever

Despite my best efforts to remove anything with a "D" in it from the garage it would appear that the 1098R and D16RR aren't just worth "not a lot", they would appear to be worth fcuk all....

With Spring looming, and Jerez some 7 weeks away, if I can't sell them, I may as well use them. My wee green buddy would be going anyway.

SO... enough of this sh1t... I'm IN... Booked Jerez TODAY.

Next.. Monteblanco... 'kin right in there... awesome looking - check this http://www.circuitomonteblanco.com/eng/circuito.cfm

Next, Almeria, Knockhill x 8, Cadwell (DSC), Oulton again... and really must do Brands this year too.

I do have a small problem... the "hand"... I may have problem operating the front brake... hey ho, that's what run off areas are for.

S
 
cheeky b@stards..I'll be fine as long as long as I don't have to brake. Taking the Desmo out on Saturday to see how I get on.... Managed OK on the X-Box round Jerez last night...

Booked the flights, what a carry on that was. Choice was:-

BA, Glasgow - London - Malaga
Ryanair - no flights available
BMI - no Glasgow - Malaga
Jet 2 - no Glasgow Malaga
Easy Jet - no Monday return flight

Booked with Easy Jet - so that's an extra day (fly back Tuesday), but means we don't have the Andalucian GP as we dash from Jerez to Malaga on the Monday morning at 5am.

Who else is up for it ??? Jerez in early March... I'll be bringing wets and snow chains.
 
Last edited:
cheeky b@stards..I'll be fine as long as long as I don't have to brake. Taking the Desmo out on Saturday to see how I get on.... Managed OK on the X-Box round Jerez last night...

You'll end up certified and/or divorced and your wife will be taking care of any of these scenarios! :rolleyes: :)
 
E mail confirmation from Tony this evening......Im in.

Well, like IceMan says, " you never leave your wing man".

And the extra day on the Costa will just make the trip even more pleasant.

So.............

Scottch?

Martin?

Gordon?

Stevie C?

Stevie C Jnr?

Casey? (Cusick, not Stoner!!)
 
I might have a slight technical issue. Hand and brake are not in perfect harmony. There is absolutely no way I can brake off the back straight at Jerez... and we all know what happens if you miss that fcuker.

Mind you it was three degrees, and was the desmo... not the easiest to ride. I'll take the kwak out and see how that goes. I've got 6 weeks to get it right. How bad can be missing a braking point at 165mph ???

At least the quickshifter will help the wrist...

Can't actually believe I'm doing this !!!! Must be bl00dy mad - it is very good fun right enough
 
Im in....

I'll be there! Will book when I get back early in the week. Weather will be fantastic - honest!
 
Foreign trackdays

Just noticed you guys are off round the world again this year.

I ve booked for Monteblanco in May with Tony. Anybody else going?

Pete.
 
Just noticed you guys are off round the world again this year.

I ve booked for Monteblanco in May with Tony. Anybody else going?

Pete.

Anybody else going... FFS... Does Judith Chalmers have a passport ?? We're all IN, myself, Fergoid, Gordon, Martin, probably Kenny, the Stevie Show and the usual suspects ;)
 
meant to add, flights books - easy jest with speedy boarding - so I get on the bus first you plebs.

Fly out THURDSAY - no Monday flight back - so fly back TUESDAY.

Usual Glasgow - Malaga
 
Judith chalmers

I'm Going to try to get a flight to Seville rather than another speeding ticket from the Policia Civil.
Only problem is that the only one i can find so far has two stops London and Madrid.
Will let you know how i get on.

Pete
 
Couple of questions.

What track events (overseas) are you's booked on.
I've booked to go to Portimao on Sept 10th, 11th, 12th with Focused Events.
Would be up for something in July.

Is this for glorified Fiats only, other Jap bikes also?

Will probably go to Knockhill beginning of April to try out the new trackbike, although Knockhill is a rip off.
 
Couple of questions.

What track events (overseas) are you's booked on.
I've booked to go to Portimao on Sept 10th, 11th, 12th with Focused Events.
Would be up for something in July.

Is this for glorified Fiats only, other Jap bikes also?

Will probably go to Knockhill beginning of April to try out the new trackbike, although Knockhill is a rip off.

Coddy not sure what the other guys are doing. I'm 100% for Jerez in March. I will struggle with Monteblanco in May as we'll be in the middle of a General Election !!!! Mega Busy. Until GB makes the call, I won't know if that clashes. Back end of the year Almeria, 100% for that too. Probably my favourite now.

Also looking to do the DSC Cadwell and various others in the UK.
 
Well, Jerez looms and this time in 2 weeks I'll be at the circuit.

Some noteworthy mentions .........

Eddie at ERS Racing - the bikes are just back and fettled. They look fantastic and Eddie has re-geared the 999 so it should get out the corners a wee bit more nimble. A new chain has also been fitted, although Eddie was unable to source me one in "rust" finish so I plumped for gold!
He also did free pick up AND collection and the bike came back gleaming clean and all the chips on the swing arm re-finished.
I really cannot recommend him enough. Top bloke, top service!
He also collected Stuarts bikes and they are getting the ERS treatment as I type.

RaceVisors - I called on Monday to get a tinted visor for my Arai. It arrived this morning and came with a free visor bag and helmet cleaning kit! Top service!

Hein Gericke - I splashed on a new set of leathers at the weekend. The new Dainese Laguna Seca Pro suit in white. They even gave me 10% off even though the suit is brand new stock and just out.


So, its getting close and I cannot wait to get the bike fired up and re-aqauint myself with Jerez.
 
Back
Top Bottom