Exact Start Ltd

Exact Start Slide1.jpg

Check out www.exact-start.com for fitment lists and drop 'Exige' a PM for your discounted price.

Attachments

• Exact Start Slide1.JPG
    Exact Start Slide1.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
Very nice ...
Do you by any chance do a pair of Exact start cables to fit a 1961 single cylinder NOODLE please?

Has the normal earlobe type connectors..
Struggling to get going in the mornings etc turns over ok especially at nighttime, battery’s good for a bit longer it’s just the connections are not what they once were and it’s now very hit and miss when trying to fire up in the mornings, especially so on cold days like today, also tend to find choke/fast idle has little effect, if anything it just makes it cough and splutter even more when it does eventually get going..

Thanks for your anticipated help..

X

Very nice ...
Do you by any chance do a pair of Exact start cables to fit a 1961 single cylinder NOODLE please?

Struggling to get going in the mornings etc turns over ok especially at nighttime, battery’s good for a bit longer it’s just the connections are not what they once were and it’s now very hit and miss when trying to fire up in the mornings, especially so on cold days like today, also tend to find choke/fast idle has little effect, if anything it just makes it cough and splutter even more when it does eventually get going..

X
No - you need 'Mains Supply' me thinks 🤔 or stay in bed until spring 🌻😎

Very nice ...

X

🤔

Get a 'Jump' from the missus (Not that type of jump :oops: ). You connect the other end to her knockers. 😋

Man Holding Jump Leads To His Ears High-Res Stock Photo - Getty Images

It was just that when I looked at your link here, there was no mention of belts, just the starter kits.

Anyway, the point of my enquiry was I will be doing the belts on my ST3 this Summer, so will be buying some from you, and 2) on my ST2, I replaced the belts and then was moving on to valve clearance when I had my accident. So, the ST2 has been stood and not run for three years and maybe a couple of months, so 38-40 months and the question is: Should I replace the belts that have never been run, but just fitted again?

It was just that when I looked at your link here, there was no mention of belts, just the starter kits.

Anyway, the point of my enquiry was I will be doing the belts on my ST3 this Summer, so will be buying some from you, and 2) on my ST2, I replaced the belts and then was moving on to valve clearance when I had my accident. So, the ST2 has been stood and not run for three years and maybe a couple of months, so 38-40 months and the question is: Should I replace the belts that have never been run, but just fitted again?
Many will say yes replace, many will say no change them - it's down to personal choice and your assessment of the risk I guess 🤷‍♂️

There is a link for the cables and a link for the California Cycleworks products under Ducati.Tech - I have separate Web Sites too :)

on my ST2, I replaced the belts and then was moving on to valve clearance when I had my accident. So, the ST2 has been stood and not run for three years and maybe a couple of months, so 38-40 months and the question is: Should I replace the belts that have never been run, but just fitted again?
As you’ll be doing the work yourself and therefore saving a fortune in labour costs, for the sake of £120 or whatever they are these days and for peace of mind I’d just replace them. They’ll probably have been OK, no real reason why they shouldn’t be but 🤷🏻‍♂️.

You can always sell the old ones on here (or DF) as 2nd hand but never having been run 👍, @Barry Hell will probably bite your hand off for them 🤣🤣

As I have decided to keep both Ducatis and if I get a bigger KTM replacement, if anything, then I shall part-ex my current KTM as I will lack space. I think that whilst the ST2 is stripped down and on my workbench, It makes sense to do the whole job properly and completely. So, I will do the shims first, and then replace the cam belts again, and finally, do the starter cables. Then turn to the ST3 for belt replacement. Much of the time was spent stripping off the bodywork to get to the engine. It makes sense to do everything whist the bodywork is off, as it is quite time-consuming to strip and replace bodywork.

It makes sense to do the ST2 properly and keep it for as long as I can buy petrol, or have a driving licence. And then the same for my ST3. The KTM will be my strategy if I want anything new, whether that will be a bigger KTM, or any other bike - maybe an Aprilia or just a bigger KTM.

I have dabbled with thinking of buying all sorts of shit whilst recovering, including Triumphs, BMWs, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. Now, I am clear in my useless mind. If I was to buy anything more, then it would be an Aprilia or KTM. A mate banging on about shaft drive and rubber belt drive BMW shit has not helped! What he doesn't realise, is that chain drive is much more fun as you can easily change gearing!

I have a fairly complete tool collection and workshop facilities. And time, as I am never going back to work. So, I might as well take advantage of the benefits that I have - and feel no guilt because I have been though some god-awful shit over the past few years!

And book another trip to the Theatre Royal in Bath!!!

I have dabbled with thinking of buying all sorts of shit whilst recovering, including Triumphs, BMWs, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. Now, I am clear in my useless mind. If I was to buy anything more, then it would be an Aprilia or KTM. A mate banging on about shaft drive and rubber belt drive BMW shit has not helped! What he doesn't realise, is that chain drive is much more fun as you can easily change gearing!

Can't say I noticed 🤷‍♂️ :D

You haven't listed starter cables for the Multi 1260, are the the same as the 1200?
Thanks for the heads up - I haven't updated the list on here for fitment or prices for a while and know I need to!
Now my Web Site is better I can just link it I guess for fitments.

Heres the full lise, and yes the 1260 and 1260 Enduro are the same fitment :) (y)

Back