Estate

My sister bought one of those (on my recommendation), it was a year old. She loves it to bits, comfy, easy to drive, good quality, roomy. It replaced a ten year old Ford Focus, which she also loved.
I don't think you'd be disappointed, assuming you are buying an estate car for the right reasons and aren't going to track it.
 
A couple of guys at work had these, one a basic diesel and the other a VRS model . Cumulatively they ran to 500k miles with very few problems. I drove the VRS a few times, very nice indeed.
 
My neighbour has a 16 plate Octavia estate diesel (Taxi). 140,000 miles on it now and he loves it.
 
They tend to be a slightly older version of VW basically. If you can live with the Skoda badge (I am a brand snob and cannot) they are OK, although the auto's are not the best out there.

A mate of mine loves 'em to bits, he's had several, but he is a tight git and always tries to save a quid where he can :)

I would pay a bit more and go for the Audi or even VW flavour ;)
 
They tend to be a slightly older version of VW basically. If you can live with the Skoda badge (I am a brand snob and cannot) they are OK, although the auto's are not the best out there.

A mate of mine loves 'em to bits, he's had several, but he is a tight git and always tries to save a quid where he can :)

I would pay a bit more and go for the Audi or even VW flavour ;)
It all depends on the era, go back just before you were born and Skoda were Rolls Royces main competitor in the 1920’s and the new ones come out better than VW’s in reviews.
You’ll be meaning the USSR piles of crap 👀

Rather than a new Octavia I’d go for a 2 year old Superb Estate as they are Superb 😉
 
The Octavia estate is more Audi A4 estate size but if you want a bit bigger then they still make the Skoda Superb estate which is more Audi A6 size. Neither will dissapoint.
 
Bosses Octavia was in the garage more than out over its 1st 3 months

My old 5 series that I gave to my son is over 250k and 15 years old - last 6 mots & services have all been under £250 apart from the last one which was £400
 
I’ve got a VW Passat Alltrack. Managed to get a fully deconstructed M900 Monster in the back with the rear seats folded and had room to spare. Comfortable and capable long distance transport but not very exciting. The auto box isn’t as good as the ZF 8 speed I had in my previous BMW’s though :confused:
 
I’ve got a VW Passat Alltrack. Managed to get a fully deconstructed M900 Monster in the back with the rear seats folded and had room to spare. Comfortable and capable long distance transport but not very exciting. The auto box isn’t as good as the ZF 8 speed I had in my previous BMW’s though :confused:
The ZF 8 speed is one of the best ones on the market, very hard to beat👍
 
My sister bought one of those (on my recommendation), it was a year old. She loves it to bits, comfy, easy to drive, good quality, roomy. It replaced a ten year old Ford Focus, which she also loved.
I don't think you'd be disappointed, assuming you are buying an estate car for the right reasons and aren't going to track it.
I have a focus now, kids in the back are now over 5' and with me 6'1 they have no leg room. I want an estate for track days and for the dog.
 
I've had five Skoda Octavias - four were company cars and did 120k miles over two years before they were changed. None ever broke down or developed any faults.

Superb value for money
You think the Superb is the best value for money. I'll have a look at them as well.
 
I have a focus now, kids in the back are now over 5' and with me 6'1 they have no leg room. I want an estate for track days and for the dog.
I'm 6' even and the room in the back seat of the Octavia estate is good. A lot better than the Focus.
 
I have a focus now, kids in the back are now over 5' and with me 6'1 they have no leg room. I want an estate for track days and for the dog.

1675538593689.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom