Ducati Supersport 950S Review

The review was ok, apart from saying it's not a touring bike...how the fuck would he know, he didn't try it. I can say they (939 in my case) was a better touring bike than the Multi's I had. If you like the adventure upright style you might differ, but I found it more comfortable for 300+ mile days, and more fun when you get to the hills.

I always thought Ducati had the same dilema with the ST as Honda did with the Blackbird. Whether due to euro restrictions or just simply style out of date, Honda tried to merge the blackbird with the vfr800 and came up with a dogs dinner. Ducati with the Supersport didn't really know what it was doing so made , something.

I'm sure it's got it's own talents and those that have them seem to like them but I suspect sales figures are sliding into the "time to let it go" numbers and Ducati will pin it's sports touring on the multistrada

Last edited:
what a shit review.....the pony tail put me off for a start, then we go straight to a track.....whats the fooking point in that? Its not meant for that..if you want to be on a ducati on track you buy a v4 of some description.....then there is the road riding that is poor.......after 20 seconds I stopped watching, review my arse!

twat....to the fook off thread!

I never understand why they brought this model tag back.
If anything it should have been marketed as the successor to the ST range.

the old supersport worked because it was definitely not a superbike or a naked.

now those boundaries don’t exist, and in fact the boundaries between model lines is far more blurred with engine crossovers and tech.

Id call it a day on the supersport unless you can do something with it to set it wildly apart, in the same way that the scrambler has, but in reality, just as you say, let it go. Its had its day in that respect to the SS tag.

I never understand why they brought this model tag back.
If anything it should have been marketed as the successor to the ST range.

the old supersport worked because it was definitely not a superbike or a naked.

now those boundaries don’t exist, and in fact the boundaries between model lines is far more blurred with engine crossovers and tech.

Id call it a day on the supersport unless you can do something with it to set it wildly apart, in the same way that the scrambler has, but in reality, just as you say, let it go. Its had its day in that respect to the SS tag.
The supersport tag is just nostslgia now, like you say it may be more sensible to badge it as a sport tourer.
I have a soft spot for supersports but I'd be looking at an older one (I'm sure I'm not in the ducati marketing teams hit list though 🙄🤣)

I like the new SS.

I don’t tour or want an adventure bike; just a comfy road bike & it fits the bill very well. I regularly ride with my lad on his Panni & the SS keeps up perfectly well on our pot hole riddled roads.

The upgrades are just what it needed & I will probably change to the new model next year.

I’ll never love the new SS, not like my other bikes, but it does the job for me. :cool:

I like the new SS.

I don’t tour or want an adventure bike; just a comfy road bike & it fits the bill very well. I regularly ride with my lad on his Panni & the SS keeps up perfectly well on our pot hole riddled roads.

The upgrades are just what it needed & I will probably change to the new model next year.

I’ll never love the new SS, not like my other bikes, but it does the job for me. :cool:
I`ve not ridden the new SS so I cant comment on its ability but generally speaking I have to love a bike to keep it. It doesnt have to be brilliant at anything but making me smile .
The SS is on my list of bikes to try but I`ll probably wait till they are 6 or 7 years old as some bikes seem to start acquiring character and personality as they age and I think this might be one of them.

I`ve not ridden the new SS so I cant comment on its ability but generally speaking I have to love a bike to keep it. It doesnt have to be brilliant at anything but making me smile .
The SS is on my list of bikes to try but I`ll probably wait till they are 6 or 7 years old as some bikes seem to start acquiring character and personality as they age and I think this might be one of them.
@Derek has one and he rates it, he's had an ST in the past as well as many other Ducatis so his opinion would be worth asking if you consider one

Back