Ducati Glasgow Tracknight - Sept 19th

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad Dash
  • Start date Start date
M

Mad Dash

Just visiting
Over the last few weeks I've spoken to a number of Ducati owners who don't do trackdays, fast riders, safe riders, so I'm puzzled why do they not do DG trackdays ???? You're safer on the track than the road - and given I've only recently started trackdays, trust me, they are sooooooooooo much fun.

You see, the more DUCATI people that do them, the better for us ALL. The better craic we have, and the more fun we have..... So how's about a concerted effort.

If I (being a rookie) can take a Desmosedici onto the track for the full two hours, that must surely prove that it's a fun way to pass an evening.

so - who's hot and who's NOT ???????

I'm taking the HYPER, 'kin 1098R is away on it's holidays to sunny Spain... JEREZ here we come.....
 
what time does it start? how much do it cost? where be it?

5pm, £65 (I think), Knockhill (FIFE), and guess what, I've double booked myself. I'm up in Inverness on Friday, I have a meeting with a client up there, they spend moocho money with us, so they get priority I'm afraid....

So, despite my earlier post - I won't make Knockers - but not to worry, less than 6 days later I'll be in Jerez :D :D :D
 
In fact, Martin said something about starting earlier - knockhill might actually be 4.45pm this time.... much to my annoyance, have you noticed how dark it's getting now at even 7pm.... not good. Jack Frost will be here shortly, wonder how my D16RR will react to salty roads ??? :eek:
 
I definately agree, I did my first track day this year and have done 9 this year including all the Ducati days, next week will make it 10! Every time out it's been dry(ish) - hope that's not a bad omen for next week:eek:

It's fantastic fun and relatively safe, to be honest I have only really used the Duc on track this year and the Honda for work every day....sorry but I need to carry stuff to work and the Honda has luggage!

Go on have a go if you never have, you won't regret it. Even if you just come up and watch one of the sessions you'll see how straight forward it is. I'm bringing one of my mates up next week (sorry he has a Honda too, but aspires to Ducati owner ship!), he came a couple of months back and was surprised at how easy it all was and how friendly everyone was.

And don't think because you've not got a superbike, or think you may be slow it's a problem, I've got a Sport Classic!
 
Back
Top Bottom