Duc stolen off the street last night.

You really need to chain it to a lamp post/sign post, leaving a bike on the street is just asking for it to be stolen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tim
You really need to chain it to a lamp post/sign post

I used to try to do that, but with all the other vehicles, you park it where you can, and I had hoped the video camera would've been a deterrent.

leaving a bike on the street is just asking for it to be stolen.

Should I not buy a bike because I don't live in a semi detached, with my own garden?

No. I wasn't asking for it to be stolen.


Was it Haddington area by any chance?


No, I think it was Straighton somewhere.
 
Last edited:
gutted for ya ,hope you get the right result.
an idea for the future see if one of your neighbour's has any room on their front i used to pay £20 a month to park up behind his front wall helped me sleep better
 
Last edited:
The one and only time I've had a bike nicked is when I left it in the street overnight (unsecured). I learnt my lesson. If you regularly park your bike in a busy city overnight, especially a desirable brand such as Ducati, without chaining to something solid then there is a good chance it will be stolen.
 
Might very well be coincidental but I spotted a burnt out white transit just off the M8 near Newhouse this morning..... Hopefully the despicable vermin had to torch it due to the publicity.
 
Sorry to be reading this, just shows that none of us can afford to be complacent when it comes to parking up our bikes. The world appears to be full of sh**bags like this.
 
Back
Top Bottom