Does Anyone Know?

AnonymousUser1

Elite Member
Not about my non-locking door as Windowstyle in Cam helped me. They can't come out as they are also mad busy. It seems that this time of year is peak-time for fitting and fixing windows and doors, so they talked me through bodging it to lock. Now, that can wait months as it is locked and i hardly use it.

The issue is: mobile phones. I have EE mobile pay monthly sim and EE internet. I have no mobile signal at home, but the phone works ok as it uses the WIFI. At Bath Lansdown Park & Ride, it does not work at all as there is no signal. I've bought an O2 PAYG sim and that works fine in my house. I need to try at the Lansdown P & R to see if it works there. If it does, I will go O2 pay monthly on my phone.

The question is: the phone with the O2 aim is set to use my EE WiFi and it does, but I don't think it will use my EE WiFi to make and recive call on my mobile phone with the O2 sim in. If this is so, if I decide to move my mobile over to O2, does this mean that I need to move my WIFI over to O2 in order to benefit from my mobile using the WIFI for phone calls. Anyone know for sure?

It is not an essential as the O2 signal is good enough anyway. It is just that now, when I make calls from home using my EE sim and going through the EE WiFi, I do not pay for the callls.
 
The WiFi Calling function doesn't care who's supplying the wifi. As far as the function is concened, it's just alternative means of connecting. We have Vodafone broadband and I use an O2 sim. The mobile signal is weak in the house, so the phone regularly switches to wifi calling without a problem.
 
Not about my non-locking door as Windowstyle in Cam helped me. They can't come out as they are also mad busy. It seems that this time of year is peak-time for fitting and fixing windows and doors, so they talked me through bodging it to lock. Now, that can wait months as it is locked and i hardly use it.

The issue is: mobile phones. I have EE mobile pay monthly sim and EE internet. I have no mobile signal at home, but the phone works ok as it uses the WIFI. At Bath Lansdown Park & Ride, it does not work at all as there is no signal. I've bought an O2 PAYG sim and that works fine in my house. I need to try at the Lansdown P & R to see if it works there. If it does, I will go O2 pay monthly on my phone.

The question is: the phone with the O2 aim is set to use my EE WiFi and it does, but I don't think it will use my EE WiFi to make and recive call on my mobile phone with the O2 sim in. If this is so, if I decide to move my mobile over to O2, does this mean that I need to move my WIFI over to O2 in order to benefit from my mobile using the WIFI for phone calls. Anyone know for sure?

It is not an essential as the O2 signal is good enough anyway. It is just that now, when I make calls from home using my EE sim and going through the EE WiFi, I do not pay for the callls.
I think you consider calling Vodaphone for advice on this.

life-of-brian.gif
 
The WiFi Calling function doesn't care who's supplying the wifi. As far as the function is concened, it's just alternative means of connecting. We have Vodafone broadband and I use an O2 sim. The mobile signal is weak in the house, so the phone regularly switches to wifi calling without a problem.
I thought that but on my Google Pixel 6, I get this:
1702494457138.webp

whereas on my Pixel 7, with the O2 sim in, I don't - although they are both connected to the same WIFI.
 
Do you not have a symbol top right of your screen. Either a small phone with WiFi symbol or VO WiFi?
 
Do you not have a symbol top right of your screen. Either a small phone with WiFi symbol or VO WiFi?
Yes. Some research suggests that I need to call 202 to enable it. That does fit in to what is happening. I think that it is using WIFI for internet browsing but not for calls. It is not a big thing right now as I need to test phone reception at Lansdown Park & Ride to check it works well there. If it doesn't, then I'll bin the whole O2 journey, but if it does, then I will change from EE to O2 on the phone and worry about home WIFI then.

The only thing is that I get my phone data allowance doubled as I have EE SIM and internet. If I have O2 SIM and EE broadband then I will not get a data allowance boost, but it is no big deal as most of my data use is through WIFI at home, or in cafes and pubs, rather than using my mobile data allowance..
 
Look at the O2 deals in the link above. You can even get 250gb for £18. Compare what you are paying on EE.
 
Check Tesco Mobile too for deals as they use the O2 network.
 
That is much more than I am paying at the moment. I started with O2 as a mate has a Tesco mobile SIM and although he has never tried it at Lansdown P & R, he reckoned his Tesco Mobile reception pretty good. And I know that the EE and Vodafone reception is shit at the P & R car park.


Also, I think that having a shitty PAYG SIM may not be helping. I'll try the Bath Lansdown reception and not worry about the phone using WiFi for calls at the moment. It is not a big deal.

To change the subject: I put in my expense claim for the expensive hotel at Gunnersbury and nobody has responded with, "You cheeky shit! That hotel is way too expensive!"

Yet.

When the days get longer next year, the decision has to be made on whether to go back to that hotel, or somewhere in Plymouth. Decisions, decisions. And when the days get really long, Glasgow or Newcastle.
 
I must be on a really good deal as I better all of those! I'll look into it further when I check out O2 reception at Bath Lansdown Park * Ride, probably next week.
 
To change the subject: I put in my expense claim for the expensive hotel at Gunnersbury and nobody has responded with, "You cheeky shit! That hotel is way too expensive!"

Yet.

When the days get longer next year, the decision has to be made on whether to go back to that hotel, or somewhere in Plymouth. Decisions, decisions. And when the days get really long, Glasgow or Newcastle.
Got the expenses paid today, oh doubting Thomas!
1705519052484.webp


There is another one in Cardiff and that looks like my next trip. I need to get more Welsh! But I can't claim expenses for that one. I do have to go to a place next to The Shard later in the month, but Gunnersbury is too far away!
 
Got the expenses paid today, oh doubting Thomas!
View attachment 96336

There is another one in Cardiff and that looks like my next trip. I need to get more Welsh! But I can't claim expenses for that one. I do have to go to a place next to The Shard later in the month, but Gunnersbury is too far away!
Wrong thread out of the many millions you have started 👀
 
Back
Top Bottom