Cumbria Police Appeal

Gizmo

Forum Geek
URGENT WITNESS APPEAL

Police in Cumbria are seeing witnesses to an accident which closed the A686 between Alston and Melmerby on Sunday (April 30).

At 1215hrs the collision involved a white Honda car travelling towards Hartside and a Buell motorcycle travelling towards Penrith. The rider of the motorcycle, who is from the Newcastle area, was treated at the scene by paramedics and a beep doctor and was then transferred to Newcastle hospital by air ambulance with serious head injuries.

It is believed that the Honda car may have been travelling with other enthusiasts having previously driven through the Lakes. Police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed any untoward manner of driving from such a group on the day in question. Please contact PC 1150 Teasdale or PC 895 Ivison at HQ MSG on 0845 3300247.
 
Were these car guys doing a rally kind of thing? Because if so they were racing around like idiots a bit further south on Saturday when we were out and about in the Lancs area. Yes, driving manner of some of these vehicles could be described as 'untoward'. Let me know Mikey
 
It was an older style type 'r' type thing, not a civic I don't think, I will have a surf and see, if it was a run there will be a forum !
 
I 'THINK' it was one of these that was down the banking, I saw it from a distance though, I also think that it was a local car, I have seen it, or one like it trying to race bikes up Hartside before ???
 
Integra Type R, the original Type R unfortunately now affordable to all sorts of idiots

(Note - I had one years ago when they were new = not an idiot :) )
 
No front wheel drive... 1800cc (or 1797cc if you want to be accurate) 187 Bhp revs to 8400 (red line) but it'll go past 9K, vtec kicks in at around 5400-5600

It's a go-kart with a roof that's all I can say, never known a car go round corners like one of them to be honest, put my old Civic Type R to shame
 
Freak said:
Integra Type R, the original Type R unfortunately now affordable to all sorts of idiots

(Note - I had one years ago when they were new = not an idiot :) )

Sorry to point out the obvious mate, but, that just makes you an idiot with money ;)

Remember, even Tanya calls you Stupid John :p
 
Nimue said:
Were these car guys doing a rally kind of thing? Because if so they were racing around like idiots a bit further south on Saturday when we were out and about in the Lancs area. Yes, driving manner of some of these vehicles could be described as 'untoward'. Let me know Mikey

Jan its worth a call though, maybe, just maybe you hold the key, at a guess they are seeking this 'cause the guy has taken a turn for the worse, as of last night this hadn't appeared on Hartside.com though, perhaps worth posting up ?
 
Sorry Folks Im Not As Computer Literate As Maybe I Cud ,any Hows About The Car Racing People P Hartside He Had A Do At A Mate Of Mine I Cant Get Hold Of Him At The So I Will Bhave To Come Back With Moer Info
 
Ian, its an old appeal, goes back to May 5 i think. i found it on the Cumbria Police website so added it here just in case anyone knew of a honda or suped up car owners club or had seen them that day. it might be worth notifying Cumbria if you did see a group last weekend Jan, i know bikes get a lot of stick but there are idiots in fast cars as well
 
There are a few idiot boy racers on Hartside Geoff, the most common one is an old Audi 80 driven by a kid from alston, saw him and his mate in a transit pick up racing past the cafe one day, if anything had been coming up they'ed have wiped them out.
 
dseered said:
Jan its worth a call though, maybe, just maybe you hold the key, at a guess they are seeking this 'cause the guy has taken a turn for the worse, as of last night this hadn't appeared on Hartside.com though, perhaps worth posting up ?
I'll have a quiet word....
 
Back
Top Bottom