Collecting things, Do you?

I was asking as I was clearing out some draws and found issue 1 of Performance bike & Mechanic (as it was called from the first edition, later to be called just performance bike), and a collection of tram postcards which my grandfather collected.

The Hull daily mail had a run on tram postcards. Collect the token every weekday and a Saturday and get 6 differing postcards. Do this every week for several weeks and it was quite a collection. This must have been around the mid 70's? but they've followed me around for many decades with most of the white background now having a light biege tinge to them. Weird the things some people keep/collect.
 
Last edited:
I have amassed a good few farm bygones. No great value but it would be sad to see them scrapped. They're not displayed or even cosseted just stored at the back of a shed.
I collect billhooks. So many makes and regional variations. The only vintage one I use all the time is an Elwell Yorkshire hook which I bought recently. It must be at least 70 years old, still on the original shaft which is completely sound and very little wear on the blade. A perfectly usable working tool that keeps an edge all day.
 
Back
Top Bottom