Captain Calamity strikes again :(

dseered

New member
Well just got my gas bill and was elated, I was soon deflated though..........

Debit £529.62 :eek:

I thought that was what they owed me, I won't ignore the estimated bills in the future.

And bike insurance and service and tax and food, shhhheeeeeeeet its gonna be another tough Summer !

Dseered with the central heating off and big jumpers on !
 
are you serious???

I pay 21 per month and house is a similar size!!

No way your gas bill can be double mine surely??

But best bit of advice I can give you is to start budgeting, pay everything monthly and most of all.....give up drinking and smoking!!!

Based on what you post on here it seems like you are out drinking at least 3 times a week and quite often wellied so must cost at least 10 quid a go (based on my alcohol limits) that 30 per week, thats over 1500 quid per year just on casual drink!!

even excluding the fags and kebabs and I reckon you have just paid for service on your bike and at least 4 trackdays!!
 
Shaz, is that you ?


Lily said:
are you serious???

I pay 21 per month and house is a similar size!!

No way your gas bill can be double mine surely??

But best bit of advice I can give you is to start budgeting, pay everything monthly and most of all.....give up drinking and smoking!!!

Based on what you post on here it seems like you are out drinking at least 3 times a week and quite often wellied so must cost at least 10 quid a go (based on my alcohol limits) that 30 per week, thats over 1500 quid per year just on casual drink!!

even excluding the fags and kebabs and I reckon you have just paid for service on your bike and at least 4 trackdays!!
:D
 
no sorry.... she is the thinner, prettier one ;)

but us girls all have sensible heads you know....
 
Reason its so much is that I am a doofus and never put the reading in and am never in when the meter reader comes, I to pay £20 a month but lodger let the meter reader in for the first time in years and that is what they have come up with !

Just the electric bill to come now and I'm totally fecked :D

Only go out once a fornight ish, virtually quit smoking aswell, 20 will do me nearly a week, I'm being a good boy ;)

Have a couple of bottles of wine here and there at home though :D
 
dseered said:
Reason its so much is that I am a doofus and never put the reading in and am never in when the meter reader comes, I to pay £20 a month but lodger let the meter reader in for the first time in years and that is what they have come up with !

Just the electric bill to come now and I'm totally fecked :D

Have a couple of bottles of wine here and there at home though :D

Ian I'm surprised you didn't get served a notice - utility suppliers usually insist on their right to take a meter reading at least once every 12 - 18 month

& since when did 3 bottles of red equal a couple - looks like it's :tea: for you from now on :(
 
Linzi said:
Ian I'm surprised you didn't get served a notice - utility suppliers usually insist on their right to take a meter reading at least once every 12 - 18 month

& since when did 3 bottles of red equal a couple - looks like it's :tea: for you from now on :(

Have you seen the price of Gold Blend !

I had better look into it a bit deeper then if thats the case, they may owe me after all !

Its only a 2 bed terrace for gods sake !
 
Ummmm, it don't look right, hang on I will scan the bill, its all kWh's and things, I ain't got a clue !
 
I don't think it is right, can someone who knows what they are talking about look it over for me, I ain't got a clue !!

gasbill6si.jpg
 
Ian

All looks legit, just seems that you hadn't paid up the last bill so you started in debit.

That was probably caused by having estimated readings that were not accurate and now they have finally caught up with it all.

I would try and get it read more often so you have less surprises ;)
 
Bugger, I have upped payments so should clear it sharpish, someone advised me to lower the payments last year :rolleyes:

Best check the other bills I lowered payments on, on good advice :ohwell:

Thanks Lily !
 
Ian

To be honest you need to pay this one off then start on sensible monthly payments. If you try and do it monthly to pay this off it will only get worse, trust me I have been there!!
 
Not an option just now, I have upped the payments to £60 PM + heating will be switched off soon so virtually no gas over Summer, it will correct itself !

Its gonna have to, I have white wheels to pay for :D
 
no worries mate, but just look at the reality of it... at 60 per month it will take you 9 months to pay off this bill alone and by that time, even with heating off you will have used more gas and it will be well into winter again by then. Assuming you only use 20 quids worth of gas per month Oct to March you will be paying this bill off until next year at best.

It's a slippery slope and I have slid down it in the past so I talk from experience here. Don't want to sound doom and gloom, but keep an eye on your priorities before they get the better of you and it's not your choice to make :)
 
dseered said:
Not an option just now, I have upped the payments to £60 PM + heating will be switched off soon so virtually no gas over Summer, it will correct itself !

Are you predicting a heatwave in February :confused:

There's at least two month to go before you can turn the heating off comfortably - unless you plan to live in a sleeping bag and to encourage lodger and dog to decamp to warmer climes? :eek:
 
Blame ther lodger, does he think its a greenhouse, or is the lodger female and likes the heating on high all day, just like our lass
 
BDG said:
Blame ther lodger, does he think its a greenhouse, or is the lodger female and likes the heating on high all day, just like our lass

I think it's in their genes. My missus wants to walk around in the house in her t-shirt...."because I can alright!"

Ian - work out for yourself (do the maths) to find out what the thermal cost was at the start of your last known bill, and calculate by extrapolation how much you should have been paying each quarter at that quarters rates.
Then work out how much interest you would have earned had you squirrelled the money in an account at RoI index. If the interest is greater then bite the bullet and pay up - contact the company to arrange payment terms.
If the interest is lower then challenge the company to extrapolate their data to the respective quarters rates.

Basically - they're charging you the current rate for the gas which you used years ago. S'like charging you full current price for an old bike.

Best of luck
 
Back
Top Bottom