Can anyone reccomend.....

dseered

New member
A nice recipe for pigeon ???

Been to the farmers market today and bought some, I was going to do a Ceaser type salad, not sure the garlic may overcome the taste of the meat though ???

They are Wood Pigeon breasts has anyone ever cooked it, I will look on the net for ideas, always good to have a reccomendation though, eh !
 
dseered said:
A nice recipe for pigeon ???

Been to the farmers market today and bought some, I was going to do a Ceaser type salad, not sure the garlic may overcome the taste of the meat though ???

They are Wood Pigeon breasts has anyone ever cooked it, I will look on the net for ideas, always good to have a reccomendation though, eh !
now this is a request i never thought id see on a ducati site.........if i remember rightly the italians bake them in clay or is that the hedgehogs ill have to ask my father in law :dunno:
 
Flying Rats

im lost for words Ian , I wouldnt eat sky vermin if you paid me. I put them in the same class as sea gulls and crows and I wouldnt eat them either.
But dont let me put you off !!!!
wasnt wearing at hat and scarf when you bought it was it ?
 
gordj65 said:
now this is a request i never thought id see on a ducati site.........if i remember rightly the italians bake them in clay or is that the hedgehogs ill have to ask my father in law :dunno:

thats hedgehogs:p (or hedgepigs as the romanies call them)

Ian, cook them the same as quail - check out recipes mate:)
 
Once upon a time while in Tianaman square there was a little old man selling live sparrows, so we bought one to set free, but before we got our hands on it the git stuck a stick up its bum and dunked it in a vat of boiling lard he had hidden behind the cage.

In disbleif we took the (alledged) food from him and throw it in the nearest bin. To our horror a man aged about 158 picked it out the bin and ate it.

Ian, why not try that? :eek:
 
gordj65 said:
now this is a request i never thought id see on a ducati site.........if i remember rightly the italians bake them in clay or is that the hedgehogs ill have to ask my father in law :dunno:


Yeah think that will be hedgehogs apparently if there cooked in clay the skin or whatever peels off when you take the clay off.
 
Take no notice of these idiot's mate I'm going in to my chef to ask for a good idea. Give me an hour I will post his sugestion
 
posiden said:
im lost for words Ian , I wouldnt eat sky vermin if you paid me. I put them in the same class as sea gulls and crows and I wouldnt eat them either.
But dont let me put you off !!!!
wasnt wearing at hat and scarf when you bought it was it ?
wood pigeons arent like the in town sky vermin your talking about they have a very healthy diet mainly berries seeds that sort of thing ..........my father in law says you can cook the hedge hogs in clay or just throw them in the pot of boiling water tho he says that way they screamfor quite a bit before they die they can be cruel the italians
 
roast pigeon with carmelised apples and cream calvados sauce - with some chestnuts thrown in for good measure - serve with some chopped cabbage seared with pancetta - voila! delicious
 
nic6196 said:
roast pigeon with carmelised apples and cream calvados sauce - with some chestnuts thrown in for good measure - serve with some chopped cabbage seared with pancetta - voila! delicious
caramelised apples, pancetta where does somebody your age learn about such things nic.........when i was young pot noodle was extravegent and if your spaghetti wasn`t covered in tomato sauce you were positively upmarket ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom