Bike magazine this month

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Was that you writing the Yorkshire and Lakes route this month in bike magazine RockJock?? Nice route which includes more of the best roads and quite a large chunk of the RTL route.
 
I saw that as well, a good ride out that one! I quite often do most of it but dont venture into the lakes often enough.
 
MartinH said:
I saw that as well, a good ride out that one! I quite often do most of it but dont venture into the lakes often enough.
you can join it on to the middleton to brough route as well Martin, instead of coming back up Weardale hang a left after you've come in from Edmundbyers and down Crawleyside, think itsStanhope you end up in, anyway, go left or it might be almost straight over and follow that one up the hill and over into Teesdale, you get out onto the top and can then take a right towards Middleton, it would be a blast on a multi. into middleton then either Alston or just go to brough/kirkby the usual way.
 
Yes it was I! Mind you, I had almost forgotten about it - must be over a year since I submitted it! I also have a route which covers much the same area but uses almost none of those roads.

Best bit of the entire run is the stretch from Greenodd over to Grizebeck then along to the coast road. I have a mate who moved to live over that way about three years ago and I discovered it quite by accident when I called to see him one day.

Where and how do you put soft luggage on a 996? Yes, I haven't a clue either, so have asked if they will swap the prize for something a little more useful - another lock, or tyres or whatever! Bike has to be the best offering out there on the shelves. Check it out soon.
 
rockjock620 said:
Yes it was I! Mind you, I had almost forgotten about it - must be over a year since I submitted it! I also have a route which covers much the same area but uses almost none of those roads.

Best bit of the entire run is the stretch from Greenodd over to Grizebeck then along to the coast road. I have a mate who moved to live over that way about three years ago and I discovered it quite by accident when I called to see him one day.

Where and how do you put soft luggage on a 996? Yes, I haven't a clue either, so have asked if they will swap the prize for something a little more useful - another lock, or tyres or whatever! Bike has to be the best offering out there on the shelves. Check it out soon.

Greenodd is good, only rode it myself last year on RTL planning ride!!

Soft luggage can be done, managed to do Ian's 749 for a West coast trip this year, they'll swap it I'm sure. Didn't realise they were on offer for routes. its the mag I've read since I first got into bikes, most months I only get that and racer.
 
Did someone call ??????


p10101205zf.jpg
 
nice job, but I think I'll stick with an expanding tank bag and try and get another lock from them. My old bird, (the 996 not the missus) is already held tight to mother earth with five of the best - one more won't do any harm!
 
Used to go up the Edmundbyres / Stanhope road quite a bit. Can never remember which part has the bit where you have to ride through the river. Had a funny incident crossing there once where I decided to try it at speed! overtaking my mate on his brand new Gsxr 1000 when they had just come out, he had bought all brand new gear to match the bike BKS leathers new boots etc. To be honest I was a little surprised at how big the wave was I created as I passed him. Said friend is of German descent and the phrase used on the day and ever since with any of the lads that were there is "Ihre stiefel sind voll von wasser" Its one of them where you had to be there! Theres a little filling station round the corner and one of the lads was still laughing that much at what he had seen he filled his zx9 with diesel!

I would look forward to getting up that way again soon
 
Back
Top Bottom