dseered
New member
Well after dropping my lid yesterday I spoke to the House Insurers today and they have been fantastic, so far anyway !
Girl didn't know if I was covered and went and asked etc and yes I was, so new lid was going to cost me the excess on my policy £60.
Decided to have a run up to Carlisle and Hein Gericke this aft as they were the only people I could think of that would have a good range of brands, sizes and models in stock.
Massive thanks to Geoff who helped me try on nearly every helmet in the shop, I was a pain in the ass as he had to 'unlock' each one before I tried it on as they were all tied down with security tags.
In the end the best fitting was the Arai RX7 Corsair in small, I opted for the McCoy rep as it would kinda match my leathers !
I rang the Insurance company while in the shop and they asked for faxed confirmation of damage to mine and replacement costs etc, Geoff sat right down and did it straight away, letterheaded paper and off it went !
Not heard back from them but don't see a problem, so I am well chuffed with the service of these guys, good craic, very knowledgeable and an Arai service pack thrown also a pinlock thingy !
All I need now is a recommendation for a supplier of Dark Visors for the RX7, will have a fly through e-bay tonight on the offchance as I can't imagine they are cheap !
Girl didn't know if I was covered and went and asked etc and yes I was, so new lid was going to cost me the excess on my policy £60.
Decided to have a run up to Carlisle and Hein Gericke this aft as they were the only people I could think of that would have a good range of brands, sizes and models in stock.
Massive thanks to Geoff who helped me try on nearly every helmet in the shop, I was a pain in the ass as he had to 'unlock' each one before I tried it on as they were all tied down with security tags.
In the end the best fitting was the Arai RX7 Corsair in small, I opted for the McCoy rep as it would kinda match my leathers !
I rang the Insurance company while in the shop and they asked for faxed confirmation of damage to mine and replacement costs etc, Geoff sat right down and did it straight away, letterheaded paper and off it went !
Not heard back from them but don't see a problem, so I am well chuffed with the service of these guys, good craic, very knowledgeable and an Arai service pack thrown also a pinlock thingy !
All I need now is a recommendation for a supplier of Dark Visors for the RX7, will have a fly through e-bay tonight on the offchance as I can't imagine they are cheap !