Another fuel sensor failure :(

HootOwl

Subscriber
I just dug the bike (Multi 1200DVT) out for the first time in what is almost a year. I knew there was barely any fuel in there (intentionally) so first stop was the fuel station. Fuck me if the fuel sensor hasn't failed while its been stood up I now have a tankful of fuel, but the bike thinks its empty. The light is flashing away merrily. At least the blast cleared the misfire it had when I first started it.

Is this a job I can fix without removing half the bodywork and the tank, or can it be done in situ does anyone know?

Duke of Prunes

Nope, the fuel sensor device, which is huge, is poked in through the bottom of the tank at the rear. You get good at removing all the gubbins tho...may as well do the filter while you are in there...

Its booked in down at Cornerspeed now for Nelly to sort and do the oil service at the same time :)

OK
I'm a bit late to the party as far as this thread goes , so I posted a little guide as a separate thread

HootOwl

Subscriber
Well, what do ya know, fecking Dewk Hatty electrics eh? I started the bike today - and the fuel sensor is working again :D It must have been dry after sitting in an empty tank over winter and took a few days for the new fuel to lube it up again ?

I am tempted to get it changed anyway mind and keep this one as a spare even though it now seems OK. It'll be interesting to see which revision sender it is. If its the latest, so much the better

Barry Hell

Elite Member
Subscriber
Well, what do ya know, fecking Dewk Hatty electrics eh? I started the bike today - and the fuel sensor is working again :D It must have been dry after sitting in an empty tank over winter and took a few days for the new fuel to lube it up again ?

I am tempted to get it changed anyway mind and keep this one as a spare even though it now seems OK. It'll be interesting to see which revision sender it is. If its the latest, so much the better
Part of the fun of ducati ownership is the anticipation and thrill of whether stuff works or not, chill and enjoy 😁

HootOwl

Subscriber
So this bloody annoying fuel sensor stopped working over winter, then it started working of its own accord two weeks or so ago. On Saturday it worked for an hour, then it stopped working. On Sunday it started working again

It's like a worker at BL in the 70's - it just keeps downing tools and stopping :D

I will be glad to get this down to Nelly's place and get it sorted. Its driving me nuts

Hugo Magnus

Elite Member
Subscriber
Mine is the same. You can bet it will be working fine when you take it in and they won't be able to find the fault!