Another DF refugee

Casp

Morning all have been lurking on here once I realised a few characters from the other one had jumped ship for various reasons, :unsure: pushed. Not a massive poster to be honest but like to have a good read through the forums when I have the time, well to be fair I retired last year so I seem to have more of that at the moment. Still look through the DF and venture into Speakers Corner and the Lounge normally to see how MH or some off the others are winding up the people who really take life too seriously, I kind of worked it out that you can rant at and belittle other people's opinions on a forum but it doesn't really change anything apart from enforce the fact that your a bit of a bell end. As long as I got paid at the end of the month when I was working and could pay the mortgage and get out on my bike I was happy, obviously not politically aware enough.

First got into the Ducati thing with a 1200 Multi but couldn't get over its looks so ended up with a few Jap bikes before falling in love with the 1299 Panigale. However most of the group I ride with moved away from the sports bike scene and the 1299 became a pain on the European trips so had an Aprilia 1100 Tuono factory for a couple of years before selling it for the Gen 3 Super Duke.

Wanted to get back into trackdays so bought a 959 Panigale but realised for me I couldn't justify the cost of it so sold it and have put the money into a 998 which hopefully I should be using for a Nurburgring course if it goes ahead. Have an sv650 which I'm currently turning into a Minitwin so I'll either do a few trackways one it or squeeze in some racing towards the end of the year.

Spending most of my riding time on my Husky 701, discovered the Trans Euro Trial existed last year and enjoy the off road stuff more than the road stuff at the moment. Have had a trip across the Pyrenees planned for the last year but currently in the same boat as everyone else at the moment, so having to stay local.

Last year finished putting an Rs250 back together which just needs taxing and Mot'ing. By no means am I a mechanic just an enthusiastic tinkerer, luckily a mate has his own bike shop so he gets me out of the shit when I fook things up.

Sorry about the long intro and I'll try to attach some pics

Cheers Casp

Attachments

• 705D5834-D61E-4EFA-8BC5-118453626B1D.jpeg
    705D5834-D61E-4EFA-8BC5-118453626B1D.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 5
  • BA1741AF-6DA0-424C-B4DA-5906A25CB8FE.jpeg
    BA1741AF-6DA0-424C-B4DA-5906A25CB8FE.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 5
  • A0AB7C00-ADE3-4265-B3C5-2AA8979CF9D1.jpeg
    A0AB7C00-ADE3-4265-B3C5-2AA8979CF9D1.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 5

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
You're more than welcome chap. A ducati? tick, a superduke? tick, a rs250? tick. I can think of at least one person that you have a lot in common with and many others like you and I will have dabbled in and out of ducati's as well as other bikes. (y)

Leftus

Subscriber
What a fine collection of bikes you've had/got - three I'd like to try are the RS250, I very nearly bought a Tuono factory and... I'm thinking I need a tetra engine, the 998 would be ideal but they're a tad or two too expensive for me. The SV650 is another great bike, my mate raced one 'up north, these bikes are regarded as learner tools on the road but I think they are well balanced, easy to ride and have very strong engines... welcome

The skitz

Elite Member
Subscriber
My sweet jebus there is a man out there with impeccable taste like me! 2 very sweet bikes dude and welcome to the lighter side 👍 ps if you are having trouble with the retirement thing just ask @Birdie hes on his 4th retirement I think? 👀

Casp

My sweet jebus there is a man out there with impeccable taste like me! 2 very sweet bikes dude and welcome to the lighter side 👍 ps if you are having trouble with the retirement thing just ask @Birdie hes on his 4th retirement I think? 👀
To be honest it was when I was trawling through the forum this morning and I saw your carb post, and very fine collection that I thought I need to get my finger out and introduce myself properly. I take it they had run out of the fastest colour when you got the SuperDuke :rolleyes:.

Thanks everybody for the welcome just have to make sure I put up the odd post, not too odd though.

Barry Hell

Elite Member
Subscriber
To be honest it was when I was trawling through the forum this morning and I saw your carb post, and very fine collection that I thought I need to get my finger out and introduce myself properly. I take it they had run out of the fastest colour when you got the SuperDuke :rolleyes:.

Thanks everybody for the welcome just have to make sure I put up the odd post, not too odd though.
Odd is good, ask me how I know 😁

The skitz

Elite Member
Subscriber

Thanks buddy but they had loads of the gay colour ones but I likes the wimmens 😬 👍 only messing it would be a dull world if we were all the same 👍

Sambo

Subscriber
Interesting collection of bikes you’ve been through. It’s amazing how many of us go for
Ducati/Aprillia/ KTM.
Enjoy the Internet bikers pub, or should I say forum.