Ankle boots.

Ideally waterproof yes.
Ones I had before were more trainer style.

I already have longer boots, if I’m honest I really need boots for dog walking and general wear. But handy if they can be worn on the bike too.
If I’m not too late to the conversation and as you said your primary use will be walking the dog with the occasional bike ride, have you looked at Danner ? Particularly they’re military range.

My old Nan had something like that on her club foot. I'll stick with buying overpriced Alpinestars. 😬
That’s made me think, whatever happened to people with a club foot (can you even call it that anymore🤔), don’t see them around anymore. Perhaps the shoes just got better? Perhaps they can operate these days to extend the length of the leg🤔

That’s made me think, whatever happened to people with a club foot (can you even call it that anymore🤔), don’t see them around anymore. Perhaps the shoes just got better? Perhaps they can operate these days to extend the length of the leg🤔
Health Service cuts, they don't get the spazshoes anymore so don't get out as they can only walk in Circles 🤷‍♂️

Those of us who were born in the "50's were given polio vaccines some were still active and caused full blown polio, these maybe the victims that you remember?

Good question. She had platform shoes before they were fashionable.......but only the one.

Custom made for polio survivor. To... - MediFeet Malaysia | Facebook

My boss has one, still manages to play tennis and do park runs. Tbh I wouldn’t have noticed if it wasn’t for the way he comes down stairs 👀

Back