All things BMW GS thread

Let me sum up Don’s synopsis for you: they are shit 🤷‍♂️ If you love your wife don’t buy her shit presents 🤔

Ooo, slow down there, I’m not saying they’re shit as such, just that you shouldn’t splash the cash on something just because everyone else says they’re the best thing, you have to try the alternatives and make your own decision.
Before I bought my 1260 Sultrymada Enduro, I’d test rode the BMW 1250 GS and the KTM 1290 Adventure, they just didn’t float my boat, I’d also taken out earlier Multistrada versions and guises, but again wasn’t moved enough to buy.
It’d be boring if we all liked the same things.

Yep, man logic👍. The conversation went like this.

‘I’m thinking of changing my bikes around’
‘Why?’
‘Well, I’ve a lot of Ducatis and I’ve been thinking about something that would be more comfortable for you on the back.’
(She’s got no interest in bikes and next to no interest in riding pillion, I’m trying to get her to agree to come out with me so we can go places together on it snd have a shared experience👍)
‘Ah, I see. So it would be my bike?’
‘Well if you want to think of that way yes.’
‘Well, I suppose it’s my birthday soon so you could always buy it as a present for me.’
(She said that jokingly, however....)
Thought in my head ‘kerching😁👍, perfect, now I’ve got her blessing and that’s the birthday pressie sorted👍 Win Win 👍

😁

Tell her that there's lots of room for hand bags and heels in the boxes, for when you got for a ride out and she can look her best when you get there. 😇

Know your target audience. Job jobbed. (y)

Ooo, slow down there, I’m not saying they’re shit as such, just that you shouldn’t splash the cash on something just because everyone else says they’re the best thing, you have to try the alternatives and make your own decision.
Before I bought my 1260 Sultrymada Enduro, I’d test rode the BMW 1250 GS and the KTM 1290 Adventure, they just didn’t float my boat, I’d also taken out earlier Multistrada versions and guises, but again wasn’t moved enough to buy.
It’d be boring if we all liked the same things.
Oh 🤷‍♂️ They are a bit poo though 👀

Is your purchase of a GS a done deal then?
Are you not going to try other bikes before taking the plunge on the choice of the sheeple? A friend of mine did just this, saying “they‘re the best selling so they must be the best“, I countered this argument by asking why he wasn’t driving a Ford Fiesta, the best selling car.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried every connotation of the 1150/1200/1250 and I’ve been underwhelmed each time, I’m just not a fan of the Boxer engine.
I certainly wouldn’t have the latest version, there‘s something definitely amiss with the engine that isn’t been talked about enough.
It’s by far a done deal, just mulling it over at present and softening up MrsP. I want to try a MultiStrada as well and the 850GS and perhaps a KTM and perhaps a Triumph Tiger, although I am a bit stymied by the fact I live far far away from where most of these things would be possible ie Dublin.

One thing I do need to bear in mind though is ease of resale, for whatever I get will be sold one day, and the Irish market is not like the UK market and it will be a damn sight easier to offload a 1200/1250GS than anything else.

BA7B45D4-1205-4712-BB9C-578ADAB5FAE1.jpeg
F3B8011A-A196-4C07-9B99-CB1C35FE926D.jpeg

Back