All things BMW GS thread

Having ridden both, the multi skyhook is way better and a quicker bike all round on any road except possibly gravel ;)
Didn't like the multi at all and I'm sorry to say I done huge mileage trips with by far the best dogs bollocks of warranty of any manufacturer, I'd not trust a Ducati on those trips it's what I owned a gs for, buddy's xr shit a battery in Croatia it was collected and a new battery fitted while we had a late lunch back on the road the same afternoon no harm to our trip its a great piece of mind

There is nothing that covers ground like a gs I could keep with pretty much anything on mine the suspension is black magic and for most Irish roads the fastest A-B machine! Longest ride I done was the tarya canyon on the Bosnia Montenegro border to memmingen in Germany left at 7 and hit Germany at 4 and felt brand new!! As an alaround package they are IMHO the best bike out there! Off course there's more exciting and prettier bikes but they are a fantastic bike!!
I borrowed a gs when I lived in Australia to ride across the nullabor and concur that it was the comfiest thing id ever ridden. I would not have done that journey on a super bike

Didn't like the multi at all and I'm sorry to say I done huge mileage trips with by far the best dogs bollocks of warranty of any manufacturer, I'd not trust a Ducati on those trips it's what I owned a gs for, buddy's xr shit a battery in Croatia it was collected and a new battery fitted while we had a late lunch back on the road the same afternoon no harm to our trip its a great piece of mind
I have to say, with absolutely zero experience in such matters, but based upon the 'brand' I reckon you're absolutely right @The skitz . @Bradders think back to your situation when your BM shat it's engine when on your trip to Cochem - in your experience had that been a Ducati would you have got the same service? This is a significant factor in the decision making process (says he who's likely to embark on a 6000km trip across Europe next year on an 18 year old Ducati with 81,0000Km on the clock 😮 )

I have to say, with absolutely zero experience in such matters, but based upon the 'brand' I reckon you're absolutely right @The skitz . @Bradders think back to your situation when your BM shat it's engine when on your trip to Cochem - in your experience had that been a Ducati would you have got the same service? This is a significant factor in the decision making process (says he who's likely to embark on a 6000km trip across Europe next year on an 18 year old Ducati with 81,0000Km on the clock 😮 )
I couldn’t begin to imagine how unhelpful Ducati would be abroad as it was bad enough trying to get my hypermotard fixed in the Uk after it broke down and I got caught in a game of Ducati dealer tennis and had to go legal to get it sorted

In fairness Paul if your flexible on time it's not an issue there's a saying the adventure only starts when the bike doesn't 😝 I done 1500 kms in the Sahara in southern Morocco on a Honda xr 250 now that was fun 👀 token homo foto added for effect 😂
982.jpg

In fairness Paul if your flexible on time it's not an issue there's a saying the adventure only starts when the bike doesn't 😝 I done 1500 kms in the Sahara in southern Morocco on a Honda xr 250 now that was fun 👀 token homo foto added for effect 😂View attachment 6783
That’s one of them
Photos where you stick your head through the board at the seaside ennit...
9E670546-9614-4869-A727-9B28098898B7.jpeg

I never said the multi or Ducati was the safest or best all round option ;) I’d probably pick the gs to travel 3k mile trip. I’d choose a multi if I was doing 150-250 day trips at a fast mates pace pissing about with sports bikes. The Gs runs out of steam pretty quickly and is easily out gunned in straightline and acceleration stakes, as it should be with 130hp and 250+ kegs plus rider!

I never said the multi or Ducati was the safest or best all round option ;) I’d probably pick the gs to travel 3k mile trip. I’d choose a multi if I was doing 150-250 day trips at a fast mates pace pissing about with sports bikes. The Gs runs out of steam pretty quickly and is easily out gunned in straightline and acceleration stakes, as it should be with 130hp and 250+ kegs plus rider!
Yea we don't have straight roads here 😂

Having ridden both, the multi skyhook is way better and a quicker bike all round on any road except possibly gravel ;)
I had a Multi 1200 DVT for a few years and did over 20,000 miles on it and, apart from slow riding in town/traffic where its gearing was too high (lots of clutch work), I wouldn't disagree. However, I find the GS much more comfortable.

Ah now we get to the reason of all these questions @West Cork Paul....
Just the decision of whether to choose a GS or GSA remains......

Saw this and thought of you and you and you and you ...

Saw this and thought of you and you and you and you ...

You will be one of the yous before long WCP, then we shall work on Exi..

Back