A55

What did you think of the road/route

• Total voters

Lily

Pink Totty
From Chester through North Wales with a stop off at the Ponderosa for cream teas.

A nice Sunday afternoon ride with a stop off at the famous Ponderosa cafe on top of the Horseshoe pass which is a great meeting place for bikers throughout the year.

Start A55 Chester southerley bypass
Exit onto A550 signposted to Penyffordd (left at roundabout)
At 3rd roundabout take A5104 to Pontblydden
Continue straight over at crossroads towards Treuddyn
Follow this road across Llandegla Moors (stunning road)
Straight over at crossroads signposted Corwen
Left at roundabout (Llangollen) and head up to Ponderosa cafe at top for a breather.
Back down to roundabout and take a left towards Corwen
At A5 turn right towards betws y coed
Careful on this road for police cameras, stick to the limit and don't act daft!!
Turn right onto B4501 signposted Cerig and llyn Brenig
Turn right at T junction - A543
Follow signs for Denbigh
Follow signs for Ruthin - A525
Follow signs for Mold - A494
Follow signs for Queensferry then drop back onto the A55 towards Chester

Whole route is about 100 miles but has some great roads over the moors!!

Freak

Is it still summer?
Good little run that, done a few times now haven't we, Denbigh moors is a belter fast and flowing, is it summer yet?

Gizmo

Forum Geek
Done bits of that, ILOC (laverda owners) had a big meet on the Wirral one year, came back Mold, Ruthin etc. Stopped at a weird cafe in one of those towns , like going back in time 50 years

dseered

Actually did a MTB race near Mold, no sorry I didn't ride, I think Matt was racing, seem to remember it was down there, yeah, I have been to Wales !

MartinH

Must do Wales this summer, How about Raid Wales 2006? Used to go down a lot years ago to stop at Portmeirion, used to find lots of good roads but bugger if I can remember what they were though a lot of places Lily mentions I have been to. Just looked at my map and remembered the A4212 from Bala round Llyn Celyn was good.

Anybody fancy a Wales weekend next summer? Overnight stop in Portmeirion, Lovely!

Gizmo

Forum Geek
MartinH said:
Must do Wales this summer, How about Raid Wales 2006? Used to go down a lot years ago to stop at Portmeirion, used to find lots of good roads but bugger if I can remember what they were though a lot of places Lily mentions I have been to. Just looked at my map and remembered the A4212 from Bala round Llyn Celyn was good.

Anybody fancy a Wales weekend next summer? Overnight stop in Portmeirion, Lovely!

I'd be up for that Martin, there's bits I can remember from the Laverda do, alongside Bala was good fun

MartinH

We will sort it out! Defo going to have to do more biking this summer! Pormeirion well worth stopping at, its good as a day visitor but something else come 6pm when they turf all the day trippers out and you have the village to yourself. great food and drink as well. I will of course be wearing my number 6 badge and shall run around on the beach pursued by a large ball that threatens to suffocate me.

Freak

Is it still summer?
We did start to discuss this at our monthly meet a while back, but as ever dates are tight, I'm sure something will happen, Lily did mention a run out to her parents place, which is a great run..

Lily

Pink Totty
a trip round wales would be great, the only downside is large groups of bikes do tend to get 'noticed' and the most popular roads are often over policed at peak times.

We have suggested a trip down to my mum and dads for tea and cakes one sunday. it really is a great run. May be a bit far for the scottish boys, but if we get as far as a house with a garage then we could do a stop over!