1100s multistrada

Paulm2930

Subscriber
I know I know they’re ugly but I have an urge for one. After riding sports for a while (1098) I want something with bars not clipons next. And by all accounts these are underated and cheap which is a bonus. Anyway I’m looking for user reviews from peeps that have owned one long term. Anyone on here care to share their thoughts? And if local to me (Essex/herts border) feeling generous enough to let me have a sit on one to see if it’s comfortable for me.

Fugleys are ridden by real men who comfortable in their sexuality and are sexual tyranosaurs(y):D

The 1000 is very cheap at the moment and incredible value for money, a great bike to ride, lots of fun. The 1100's seem to be overpriced but bargains still can be had. There is an 1100 but not an S in Halstead if you had time to pop over and see it/sit on it? Were I to buy a fugly again, I'd aim also at the 1100s but be looking more for around £3,500. Beyond that you start to entire into the price range of other options.

Fugleys are ridden by real men who comfortable in their sexuality and are sexual tyranosaurs(y):D

The 1000 is very cheap at the moment and incredible value for money, a great bike to ride, lots of fun. The 1100's seem to be overpriced but bargains still can be had. There is an 1100 but not an S in Halstead if you had time to pop over and see it/sit on it? Were I to buy a fugly again, I'd aim also at the 1100s but be looking more for around £3,500. Beyond that you start to entire into the price range of other options.

My X father inlaw bought a 1100s in black and i must admit was rather nice and you see a lot of them in Italy, he kept it for a year then put it on Ebay and got a tidy 1K profit on it, like you say great value for money (y)

I have had a couple of the 1000 multis and an 1100 monster so some experience of similar. The Multis are great bikes to own and ride. Comfortable, capable and fun . The engine is smooth and torquey , certainly smoother than the 1100 monster that I owned. The 1100 has noticeably more oomph though and completely dominated the riding experience.
If I were after one now I would not let engine size be the deciding factor, it would be more down to condition, price and location of the bike.
My brother in law has a 1098 and I have occasionally ridden with him while on my current 1000 Monster. The Monster keeps up on all but the fastest roads. Nothing to do with any talent on my part as I am average at best, its more that I can see much farther ahead on the Monster and as most of the time we are in double figure speeds the difference in acceleration between the 2 bikes doesnt come in to play so much.

Last edited:
Back