What the feck have you done today?

RANT TIME and then I will sod off!

Just been phoned by new car insurance company. According to whatever database they use, my 2019 accident is showing up as 100% my fault with no other verhicle involved. As the other driver was given six points for driving without due care and attention and the investigating police office put 100% of the blame on her and none on me, you can imagine that I went off the gauge!

The insurance company of the other side have accepted blame and now we are just working out how much we will charge them.

On positive side: I went to the gym this morning. The first time that I used the walking machine, it went berserk and I had to use the emergency stop. Tried again and it was better, but after I had finished everything, I asked for some help on using this machine, and all fine. They have staircase machines that would really suit me, so tomorrow I will ask for a tutorial for I am shit at climbing the stairs!
For some reason I can't stand treadmills, stationary bikes or stair machines. They all seem so pointless and feel like they would be the perfect instrument for punishment in purgatory or hell to me.

For some reason I can't stand treadmills, stationary bikes or stair machines. They all seem so pointless and feel like they would be the perfect instrument for punishment in purgatory or hell to me.
Never saw the point either, until now, when I need these machines. I am a fecking expert at going round in circles as well as working hard to get nowhere!

RANT TIME and then I will sod off!

Just been phoned by new car insurance company. According to whatever database they use, my 2019 accident is showing up as 100% my fault with no other verhicle involved. As the other driver was given six points for driving without due care and attention and the investigating police office put 100% of the blame on her and none on me, you can imagine that I went off the gauge!

The insurance company of the other side have accepted blame and now we are just working out how much we will charge them.

On positive side: I went to the gym this morning. The first time that I used the walking machine, it went berserk and I had to use the emergency stop. Tried again and it was better, but after I had finished everything, I asked for some help on using this machine, and all fine. They have staircase machines that would really suit me, so tomorrow I will ask for a tutorial for I am shit at climbing the stairs!

Does anyone know any TV production companies that would pay Perry to follow him round for a month?

Be TV gold right there...you could be a star.

Exception being a Concept 2 rower - used to have one of those. 2km in 8 minutes was the target (prob easy for those fitter than me) but it was brutal.

Actually, we've got one in the office gym...naw.

Back in the day when they where so abundant they where known as the shite hawk, that is where that saying comes from. I spent a day at a Falconry center that my then sane x wife bought me for a birthday present, great day out.
View attachment 85631
you do seem a lot smaller than a normal person, something non of us probably expected….
IMG_0047.jpeg

On Friday while driving home from work I spotted an injured Red Kite by the side of the road. Luckily it was a very quiet lane so without stopping too much traffic I eventually managed to corner and catch it. Judging by the size and weight it seemed a very young bird and not too badly hurt as it was able to walk and flap its way away from me for a while.
The nearest vet was closed by this time but it was just a 10 minute drive to the local 24 hour emergency vet. I have deep reservations about this practise following a very distressing end to the life of one of our dogs back in 2017. I am certain that his treatment was dragged out by them for a month purely for financial purposes to play the insured customer treatment game. I swore never to use them again but didn`t really have a sensible choice this time. Anyway, 30 minutes after dropping the Kite there they called to say severe head trauma, it could barely hold its head up, kindest thing was to put it to sleep.
I`m no expert but this really upset me bearing in mind my previous experience with this practise and the trouble I had catching the poor bird. I have no proof , just the nagging feeling the Kite was not financially viable to them. Guinness is not a strong enough word .

View attachment 85566
Ffs that is so sad

The new van has a load liner fitted which is made of plastic of some description. It's slippery as fook and anything in the back just slides all over the place.
At lunchtime today I decided to fetch some plywood and cover the load liner. I then carpeted the floor with some carpet tiles, my mate knicked from site, to stop stuff sliding around.
F1.jpg

F2.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to build a full height cupboard in front of the righthand wheel arch leaving enough room between the wheel arches to fit ply and mdf sheets and plasterboards.

Looking good Paul, love the cars but yes churches and old buildings are a huge attraction, I can spend hours looking at detail and admiring the craftsmanship of people hundreds of years ago, Verona and the lakes are gorgeous eh? Have you seen Merano yet? Beautiful city/Town 👍, we are off to Greece soon, some chill time after a busy summer😎
Just for you Frank - and that’s 16thC marquetry on the wooden panels, not paint.

IMG_3193.jpeg
IMG_3170.jpeg
IMG_3168.jpeg
IMG_3176.jpeg
IMG_3177.jpeg
IMG_3192.jpeg
IMG_3214.jpeg
IMG_3219.jpeg

The new van has a load liner fitted which is made of plastic of some description. It's slippery as fook and anything in the back just slides all over the place.
At lunchtime today I decided to fetch some plywood and cover the load liner. I then carpeted the floor with some carpet tiles, my mate knicked from site, to stop stuff sliding around.
View attachment 85708
View attachment 85709
Tomorrow I'm going to build a full height cupboard in front of the righthand wheel arch leaving enough room between the wheel arches to fit ply and mdf sheets and plasterboards.
Is that a Makita vacuum cleaner?

View attachment 85708
View attachment 85709
You could make a nice putting green just one hole needed

Back